|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Life and career
David Max Freedman was born in Plattsburgh, New York. He moved to the United Kingdom, where he still lives working in animation. David Freedman worked for over 9 years in a successful writing partnership with Alan Gilbey. They co-created a few cult cartoon classics including the Bafta nominated Bounty Hamster and the multi award winning Mr Hell Show which were co-produced at Peafur Productions with Barry Baker, Ben Bowen, Baljeet Rai and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh co-creator of Phineas & Ferb. The Mr Hell Show ran on Showtime in the USA, Comedy Channel in Canada, SBS in Australia and BBC2 in the UK. It is based on a greeting card line by Hugh MacLeod of gapingvoid fame. David started his career as a stand up comic & BBC radio presenter ... and eventually combined comedy with cartoons, and fell into the world of animation... well, tripped.
Fifteen years later and he's never looked back, apart from right now to type this brief bio in the third person. I... er, David has written, co-written (He was in a 9 year prolific writing partnership with Alan Gilbey.) developed and script edited a lot of cartoons.
David works as a script doctor, show runner and is a very busy voice director, helping to make things funny or indeed, funny-er. A bit like Abe Burroughs, but in Animation.
David has won and helped others win a crowded mantelpiece of awards including some BAFTAs, Royal Television Society, and two Oscar nominations.
David has had the good fortune to work for clients on both sides of the pond, such as Aardman, BBC, CiTV, Disney, E1, Fox, Sony, Universal and was Senior Manager of Global Original Programming for Disney Channel.
He can pull teeth, but it's not pretty.
- Co-creator with Alan Gilbey of Aaagh! It's the Mr. Hell Show based on an original *character by Hugh Macleod now of www.gapingvoid.com
- Co-developer and co-Writer with Alan Gilbey and Richard Golly Goleszowski Rex the runt for Aardman Animation.
- Co-creator with Alan Gilbey of Bounty Hamster with Silver Fox Films.
- Co-developer and writer of Foxbusters for Cosgrove Hall.
- Producer of Legend of the Dragon for BKN.
- Series Director of King Arthur's Disasters, season II for CiTV.
- Voice Director of Lucky Fred for Disney Channel.
- Personal Homepage
- David Freedman (III) at the Internet Movie Database The Internet Movie Database entry for David Max Freedman
- Pitch Inc. Collaboration
- Evri Profile
- Toon Hound Series Listing
- Cult TV Listing